Good day at the Business Cloud Summit 2010 yesterday participating on the panel analysing the rights and wrongs of the NHS IT strategy and potential of Cloud Computing given current economic conditions. Barry Evans, John Cruickshank, Graham Sadd and Gary Flood provide 'A Cloudy Health Check' As 'Business' is in the title I was not surprised [...]
Archive | Current AffairsRSS feed for this section
Some extracts from Camerons' speech at the Conservative Party Conference: "The state of the nation is not just determined by the Government and by those who run it. It is determined by millions of individual actions – by what each of us do and what we choose not to do." " . . But citizenship [...]
The Big Society and Race Online 2012 are worthwhile initiativesreliant upon online relationships which can be trusted. Trusted Relationship Management will contribute to their success. Go to http://www.innovate10.co.uk/video/trusted-relationship to leave comments.
A report last year from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) appeared at BBC News Almost a third of internet users are not shopping online because they do not trust the system. Personal security was high on the list of concerns."Online retailing is the future for many businesses and increasingly important to the economy," said OFT [...]
“Mr. Schmidt is a believer in targeted advertising because, simply, he’s a believer in targeted everything.”
This is a comment by Holman W Jenkins Jr in his recent interview of Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google in the Wall Street Journal talking about their 'Search for the Future' and YOU are the target!Michael Hanlon of the Daily Mail covered this in his article 'Google's boss, hypocrisy and the death of privacy'. Something has [...]
An article, The Web's New Gold Mine: Your Secrets, in The Wall Street Journal last week reveals a growing industry collecting and selling your online activity and interests to advertisers. Consumer tracking is the foundation of an online advertising economy that racked up $23 billion in ad spending last year. Tracking activity is exploding. Researchers at [...]
'Your Personal Data is Yours' would be my strapline but, at the IoS Forum at Savoy Place, the objective is the same. I will be presenting how PAOGA PIMS (Personal Information Management Services) can extend and enhance current CRM systems to deliver TRM (Trusted Relationship Management) providing 2-way conversations between subjects, that's you and me as individuals, and [...]
Interesting and informative dinner last night hosted by Frank Kelcz at Le Boudin Blanc, Shepherds Market, with a dozen influential business leaders covering a wide range of topics. All share my confidence and enthusiasm for the future in this climate of 'change'.
A letter from Prime Minister David Cameron to Government departments on plans to open up Government data is a really good start to delivering the transparency promised. Implementation will contribute to regaining citizens trust in government.
My Lords, you can't please the entertainment industry and sustain privacy Cory Doctorow - guardian.co.uk, Thursday 4 March 2010 16.26 GMT "The reason web lockers are used for piracy is that they support privacy. A call to end web lockers is really a call to eliminate the public's ability to exchange personal information out of sight of [...]
- Google claims not paying UK tax helps fundamental human rights February 19, 2013
- The Personal Cloud Network joining Personal Data Stores February 6, 2013
- Know thyself – The Economist January 2, 2013
- Master Chef November 29, 2012
- Psst! Wanna buy a second hand digital copier? November 21, 2012
- David and Google-iath July 30, 2009
- Market Research Conclusions September 29, 2009
- Health, Wealth and Happiness September 20, 2006
- VRM and Green Energy October 19, 2009
- London Times Obituary of the late Mr. Common Sense: January 26, 2009
- tv streaming online: Market Research Conclusions | PAOGA - Digital pr...
- Graham Sadd - PAOGA: Absolutely right Robin. As a key component of our ...
- Robin Wilton: Well put, Graham. I made the same points to Scott ...
- Graham Sadd: The simple answer is NO! but 'opting out' will c...
- Plan-Net: After the scandals exposed by ITV and the BBC, eve...